Friday, October 7, 2016

Sing For You

In my previous entry I mentioned that one of EXO's song I like is Sing For You. I read the translation of the lyrics and my first thought was, "oh, this song must be about the confession of a person to the person he/she loves (girlfriend/boyfriend)". So, no big deal. Most of the songs nowadays are about love anyway.

And then yesterday, I started to pay more attention to the music video (before this, I just watched it without any thought). I noticed the video shows loneliness, where one minute the members are together and then another minute they're alone. One of the suggested video below the MV was "the theory behind EXO's Sing For You MV".

I watched that, and it explained the deeper meaning that I missed earlier. The fans believed that the MV was about the lost of 3 members: Kris being the astronaut's whale, Luhan with the basketball and Tao with the fighting scene.

With the state that I am in right now; I. am. lonely. It has been 4 months now that I have graduated, which also means it has been 4 months that I am not with my friends. Hmmmm.

I think this is the reason why I started to pay more attention to the MV.

I missed them. I missed my friends.
I missed having dinner together.
I missed having someone to talk nonsense with.
I missed how I can laugh until I'm tearing up and not being judged why I was being over the top.
I missed having the "jom" friend.
I missed going to class together.
I missed hanging out.
I missed being around them and them around me.



Oh well, probably right now I'm in the emo phase of the month. Hehe.
Don't get me wrong, I love being with my family, I love being at home.
But sometimes, you need friends too, I guess. I need to socialize. Maybe.

So with the feeling I'm having right now, Sing For You reallyyyyyy fits the emptiness, the loneliness part of me. It hits that part of you. So yeah, this song will be on repeat until I get "better".




You ask me, "Well, if you miss them, why don't you contact them? Call? Message?"
My answer, "It's not the same when you sit down at the table together"

No comments: