Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Appreciation Post #1: IZZANI HARYATI BINTI BAHAR

Her name is IZZANI HARYATI BINTI BAHAR. I really thought that Izzani is a girl's name because she is my second friend to have that name.

She was my group-mate. She was also my housemate. Yup, most of my day for the past 2 years I spent with this girl. That's why I decided to write about her first. Yang lain jangan terasa ye. :)

We both studied A-Levels at UCSI University, that's where we first met. But we were in different group and house block so I only knew her by name. If we ever met in the hallway, it was only hi-smile-bye. She's just a Izzani I know. I remembered celebrating her birthday once with her and my housemates. I think that's the only memory I had with her during A-Levels.

After few months we entered med school, she moved in to my house. I still remember I just came back from the holiday and I was the first person to arrived at Angkasa. She was next. We spoke few words like, "What time is your bus?" "You've had your lunch?" and then it was AWKWARD! Crik crik crik. We don't know what to say to each other. Haha. She stayed in her room and I stayed in mine.

After many months living together, we got a little bit closer. There was this one time, I think after lunch at home, she said something. I can't remember what she said but I remembered how it made me feel. I was taken aback with her words and the way she said it. I was afraid to talk to her after that incident but then later I realized she didn't mean it to the heart and I guess that is the way she talks. As days passed, I got used to it.

Our relationship is a so-so when we were in KL. And when we moved to Terengganu, Izzani and I were in the same group, Group 3. This is where our one-on-one relationship began. Haha.

Our first posting of Year 3 was Internal Medicine and we were in the same subgroup (she has a car, so I need to tumpang her because I don't have one yet- it was her or Amal). Let me tell you, during that posting, I must say it was my first time to experience a woman having PMS. Scaryyyy. [Before this, I heard about women having PMS but only experienced it as a sideline. But this one like BOOM firsthand].

That time I was discussing with Husain about swapping turn for BST and what case to look for after we finished our BST that morning/afternoon. I guess it was lunch time and we were hungry and tired and I was like taking a long time to finish, she was PMSing plus hungry (two things that make a woman VERY angry) and then she blew up! I don't remember how but I knew she did. Haha. Scaryyyy. After Medical posting, Izzani and I were not in the same subgroup anymore due to re-shuffling of subgroup (not because of her PMS).

Izzani became that bitchy-bitchy person because of internal conflicts. Because when we moved to Group 2 in Year 4, Fairuz (our housemate) said that she's not that bitchy-bitchy anymore. Haha.

Then when we're in Year 4 onward, there will always be me, Izzani and Syamim (sometimes Syafiq and Tiqoy). And the rest are history. We're in the same subgroups for 2 years and housemates for 5 years. We went to class together, look for cases together, on call together, breakfast lunch dinner together, shopping at Mr DIY together, weekend Mydin shopping together, entertained each other cravings together, car karaoke together. Once, she did accompany me on a hiking date. Hiks. We did have little misunderstanding once in a while, but we used to it especially when we both know each other's period is coming soon or when we're hungry. All that happened between us are not just memories but it became part and parcel of my life.


Few of our baju kurung are the same colour and pattern and there were days when we both wore them together accidentally. I think it was rather amusing. And then we bickered who copied who. "Saya yang iron baju ni dulu lepas subuh tadi." "Saya dah decide nak pakai baju ni sebelum tido semalam." Haha.

Our pink baju kurung. I think another same colour is the green baju kurung


Even after graduating, she is my most contacted person. I shared with her my dreams and she told me her working nightmare experience. She knows what weird things I'm into like fate-destiny-subconscious-dream-moon-theory-of-the-universe.






It seems like this is not an appreciation post, it's more like walk-down-the memory-lane kinda post. Haha.
Anyhow, it was my honor to know you and we managed to put up with each other. Yay! I don't know why you choose me to moved to Group 2 together but I know you have suffered to have me with you most of the time. Hehe.

I was touched that you made an appreciation post on IG. So to show you how much that means to me, here is my reply. Reply 2016.

Jangan cakap akak tak payung. :D
I know you know I love you you love me.
XOXO.









Update 2017


No comments: